2755 South Federal Highway,
Suite 9 & 10
Boynton Beach, FL 33435
The educational philosophy of Sunshine Academy is to encourage students to acquire the knowledge, develop creativity and strive for excellence. We believe that any person willing to apply themselves to the home and allied health care fields can benefit from the training offered at the institution.
HOME HEALTH AIDE - 75 Clock Hours
Individuals who enroll in this program will be able to seek employment at Medicare approved agencies where 75 Clock Hours of training are required. The program follows guidelines established by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration that requires 75 hours of training to work for a Medicare.
To prepare students with the skills, knowledge and abilities to become Home Health Aides and to qualify to work at Medicare approved agencies. Upon successful completion of the program and meeting all course requirements and financial obligations, the student will be issued a diploma.
Program includes instructor-led classroom and clinical training and practical hands-on application. Students must successfully complete tests and a final. The Home Health Aide program is also comprised of 65 clock hours of Theory and 10 clock hours of Lab. The program includes basic home health aide skills and Medicare standards. The program includes 4 hours of HIV/AIDS. There are no licensing exams in order to work as a Home Health Aide.
We would like to welcome the newest addition to our educational staff. A big warm welcome goes to Dr. Ava our new LPN instructor
· Be at least 17 years and 11 months of age.
· Have signed permission from a parent or guardian if less than 18 years old.
· Have a high school diploma, GED, or successfully pass the School created Basic Skills Test with a minimum verbal score of 70% and minimum math score of 70% according to program enrolled.
· Have a personal interview.
· Submit a signed enrollment agreement.
· Submit a medical report attesting to good health.
Award - Diploma