PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN – 600 Clock Hours
The educational philosophy of Sunshine Academy is to encourage students to acquire the knowledge, develop creativity and strive for excellence. We believe that any person willing to apply themselves to the home and allied health care fields can benefit from the training offered at the institution.
We would like to welcome the newest addition to our educational staff. A big warm welcome goes to Dr. Ava our new LPN instructor
· Be at least 17 years and 11 months of age.
· Have signed permission from a parent or guardian if less than 18 years old.
· Have a high school diploma, GED, or successfully pass the School created Basic Skills Test with a minimum verbal score of 70% and minimum math score of 70% according to program enrolled.
· Have a personal interview.
· Submit a signed enrollment agreement.
· Submit a medical report attesting to good health.
· A Background Check may be required in order to complete the Externship Clock Hours or Clinical requirements in some health care facilities.
Award – Diploma
The duties and responsibilities of a Patient Care Technician include caring for the physical and psychosocial needs of the hospitalized patient and being part of the professional care team that carries out the physician’s orders. Job placement opportunities range from working in a hospital setting to working in the Extended Care or Skilled Nursing Facility.
The program is designed to prepare students for employment as advanced cross-trained Nursing Assistant, Home Health Care, Phlebotomy, EKG Aide, Allied Health Assistant and Patient Care Assistant with transferable skills. This program offers a broad foundation of knowledge and skills expanding the role of the nursing assistant.
The student will train in the area of Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide, Allied Health Assistant, Phlebotomy, and EKG. The student will demonstrate the following elements of the health care industry, planning, management and technical skills. The student will be able to perform patient care, take vital signs, perform a 12-lead EKG, and draw blood for testing.
2755 South Federal Highway,
Suite 9 & 10
Boynton Beach, FL 33435